Dog Owners Can Help Their Hypoallergenic Dog

Dog owners have had a new focus in recent years on what their dogs are eating and on what is in their dog’s food. Granted an allergy to something in the food can be a very serious health issue, but sometimes a dog can be allergic to something in his environment and not something in his food. If this is the case then starting to feed the dog a hypoallergenic dog food. A good rule of thumb is that if you Think your dog has an allergy observe his behavior of a week or more. See what and when he has various reactions, such as sneezing, vomiting,itching and so forth. Many things that the dog comes in contact with can be the real source of the allergy. Chemicals in dog beds or bedding, blankets even a shelter or dog house if the dog uses one can be something that is making him sick.

Food bowls made of plastic or resin. Cleaning product you are using in the house carpets and carpet cleaner and a very serious allergen can be mold. If you even suspect t that you may have mold in your home do have a professional inspect your home. Mold has been shown to cause serious health problems for humans and dogs.

After you have checked your dog’s environment and also the products you are using to groom him then you can turn

our attention to a possible food allergy and try a hypoallergenic dog food.

Be sure when ever a health problem like an allergy is present in you dog that you have a Veterinarian give him or her a careful exam. Don’t forget to bring with you all the data that you have collected to help evaluate what maybe the problem. If you follow these simple guide lines you will go far in helping your dog cope with his allergy. And while you are at it take a look at all the green products that are available now at reasonable prices not just for your dog but for yourself and your household.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *